Flash Required to view this area.

Monday, March 29, 2010

I'm Embarrassed

I've been a bad blogger. I am about to post my second entry in a row WITHOUT A PICTURE. I have also neglected the blog, and I didn't even leave with anything inspiring - just my honest but Debbie Downerish post on an off day. Embarrassing.


So I've decided to share my most embarrassing story EVER. I think it was a Monday and on the Friday before I'd had the worst hair dyeing experience. I went to a beauty school and came out looking like Pippi Longstocking. Bright. Red. Hair. Like a firetruck. After enduring Family Day in the field for the army boys and an equestrian team practice looking like my head was on fire, I decided I needed a trip to Sally Beauty Supply. First though, I had to go to the doctor to get medicine for a UTI. I'm not going to give you the entire rundown on UTIs if you don't know about them, but here is one symptom: feeling like you have to pee every 5 minutes, and you have to go NOW. So I was at the doctor attempting to pee every 3 minutes and drinking a ton of water so that they had a nice urine sample (ew, I know). Finally they tell me what I already know, and send me with the prescription to get things taken care of. I was out of there and on my way to Sally to fix the more awful problem. While walking around in Sally, I realized I needed to pee. NOW. I am a grown up. I have control of my bladder. Just not with a UTI and the gallon of water I'd tried to drink so I could pee for the doctor. I PEED MY PANTS IN SALLY BEAUTY SUPPLY! Luckily I was wearing black workout pants that totally did not show that I had peed them and I paid and walked out like nothing happened. I sat in my car, took my pants off, and covered with a t-shirt I had in there. Then I drove through Arby's for some comfort food and drove home. I left my pee pants on the back porch, and my roommate's face was pretty priceless when I walked in without pants on and told her my story.

So my advice is that if you have a UTI and drink a lot of water for ANY reason at all, make sure you pee (or wear Depends) if you need to run any errands. The only good that came out of this is that I haven't had a UTI since - I think my bladder was mortified and doesn't want to go through that again.

6 comments:

Ashley March 29, 2010 at 11:31 PM  

You posted this on the best day possible. I'm sick with cabin fever. THANK YOU.

{fotophilia} by laura kelley March 30, 2010 at 6:15 AM  

Hang in there my dear!!! I have tons of embarrassing moments...toooooo many to mention!! :)

Shauna Renee March 30, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Oh Claire, I'm sorry for your embarrassment, but it did make me laugh...probably because I understand the UTI thing very well. Embarrassing moments suck at the time, but make for good stories later!

JWC Fotos April 8, 2010 at 9:43 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
JWC Fotos April 8, 2010 at 9:48 AM  

I love embarrassing stories. It’s healthy to be able to laugh at yourself, and it makes for great small talk later. Me? My first wedding I ever shot...I slipped on water that was trickling from a fountain on the dance floor WHILE the father and daughter were doing their first dance--I slipped, all of me in the air, fell, hit the fountain, and knocked it down, all right behind them dancing and in front of the whole crowd. Embarrassed doesn’t do justice to how I felt. I’m pretty sure I’m on YouTube somewhere, because when I looked up, all eyes AND video camera were pointed on me. The medicine for your UTI will kick in quickly; been there done that too.

Susy "Weak Prostate" Lampson March 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

LOL..... it really gives me a big laugh. It is not that I laugh at your total embarrassment but on how the way it is. And everyone has its embarrassment.

About Claire

I'm a mommy and a photographer, and I've got the coolest husband ever. My photography journey is just getting started, but I can't wait to see where I go with it.