Flash Required to view this area.

Friday, March 19, 2010

One of Those Days

I'm not writing this because I want a pat on the back and someone to say, "Here here, it'll all be ok! You rock." It's just how I'm honestly feeling after one of those days. And want to know what irks me the most? The fact that a Friday can be one of those days. I'm discouraged today after being in a funk all week (aside from Wednesday, St. Patrick's Day has been confirmed to be more fun than Christmas). It's been a week where I doubt myself and my ability to run a photography business. I mean, really? Who am I kidding? I feel like I'm running on a treadmill and am seeing the same old scenery and am going nowhere. I know that these are just some of the pains of starting a business, and even though it sucks it's a little bit exciting too. I know that some day it'll be like 65 degrees with no humidity and I can run outside all day long (in metaphor terms, of course. I won't really ever be caught running outside all day). But for now, I just feel like I was running on a treadmill at the busiest hour at the gym and my shoelace got caught and I fell and split my chin open. Nothing really happened to make me feel like that, but it's just where I'm at this week. I just keep reminding myself about this quote by Henry Ford: "Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right." So I'm just going to be the Little Engine That Could and keep telling myself, "I think I can, I think I can." And I think maybe I'll switch to the elliptical.

1 comments:

{fotophilia} by laura kelley March 22, 2010 at 1:28 AM  

Hey there...know the feeling!!! But, with our heads up and good company, we'll make it!!! :)

About Claire

I'm a mommy and a photographer, and I've got the coolest husband ever. My photography journey is just getting started, but I can't wait to see where I go with it.