Flash Required to view this area.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

As Close to Resolutions as I Get

Let me start by saying that I don't like New Year's Resolutions. For one, I think if you want to change something, you shouldn't wait until a new year starts to begin making changes. I also think that a lot of people focus on outward issues but don't actually get to the root of the problem. So there's my stance on that. I'm not knocking people who make resolutions, I just think that instead of waiting for a new year, why not wait for a new week? Or a new day?


Anyway, I am working on my 101 in 1001 list (coming up with 101 things I want to do in the next 1001 days is hard! I don't know where to start and get lost in my thoughts). I've seen this a few times, so I'm going to post it instead.

In the past year, I'd like to tell you...
That I made a million dollars.
That I potty trained Jackson and don't have to change diaper again for a couple years.
That Stanley learned to relax and isn't so needy anymore.
That I traveled to Italy.
That I gained 10 pounds and never had someone ask me to please eat even though I do ALL THE TIME.
That I actually kept up with dishes and vacuuming.
That I learned to love doing laundry.
That I started eating healthier foods.
That I cleaned out the garage and laundry room.
That I never hit the snooze button.

Instead, I should tell you...
That I spent more money than I made.
That I ate way too much candy.
That I spent entirely too much time online (hey, it's been a lot for business lately!)
That I loathe my alarm every time it goes off.
That part of the garage is exceptionally hard to walk through.
That my solution to the laundry room is to just rarely do laundry. Thank goodness for lots of clothes!
That I don't count our trips to Michigan as vacation (I'm not hating on Michigan, it's just not vacation).
That I started several books but did not finish them.
That I still haven't started the last book I bought solely for fun.
That my cookbooks remain unused and lonely in the pantry.

However, I did do a few things right since I...
Got my business started and am continuing to grow it.
Went on a cruise to the Bahamas with the hubby.
Started working again so I can help pay the bills until I work entirely for myself.
Made some amazing friends and got closer to some of the ones I already had.
Have the world's happiest baby (aside from the new fits he is throwing these days).
Started doing things to make myself happy instead of worrying about pleasing everybody else.
Have learned to do a few new things.
Oh yeah, I rocked that deployment last year :)
Learned to make PUMPKIN ROLLS! Why learn to cook anything else?
Realized that I love tilapia. So I don't hate all food that comes from the water.

In the next year, I will...
Launch the new part of the business and really make it take off.
Save more money.
Learn to make chicken and dumplings from the family recipe.
Take a Boudoir Divas workshop in San Diego!
Invest in some awesome equipment.
Spend more time outside with Jackson.
Learn to not care so much what other people think.
Get back in shape like I was on the equestrian team - I was so toned and healthy!
Continue to make myself happy.
Travel to some place I've never been.

So there you go. Those are my "resolutions." I will eventually put up my 101 in 1001, but don't hold your breath. And sorry for no photo in this one, I just don't have anything exciting to share on the computer and the external hard drive seems so far away.

0 comments:

About Claire

I'm a mommy and a photographer, and I've got the coolest husband ever. My photography journey is just getting started, but I can't wait to see where I go with it.