Flash Required to view this area.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Two Truths & A Lie (& An Upcoming Vacation)

My lie from last week:

2) My hair is the longest that it has ever been.

It is only the second longest that it has ever been. It was longer when I was younger. I wanted to be Ariel, ok? I wanted my hair down to my butt and wanted to be a mermaid (because even though Beauty and the Beast is my favorite Disney move, I thought being a mermaid was less scary than being with Beast before he turned into a handsome prince). My hair was very long until third grade when I cut it off, and now it is the longest that it has been in a while. And wouldn't you know I'm thinking of cutting it again, even though I probably won't. Last summer I cut it and was panicky over the fact that if I had a low ponytail I couldn't pull it over my shoulder. I was most likely made to have long hair.

This week's two & one:
1) I am going to Michigan and will be out of town until the 14th of July.
2) The end of July may be hot but is still a great time for a session! Evening light is gorgeous.
3) I hate Michigan.

I'm going to tell you the lie early because I don't really plan on scheduling many blog posts for while I'm gone (aside from a GORGEOUS boudoir session) so the lie is that I hate Michigan. I don't hate it at all. In fact, I think Jake's home town is pretty adorable and love the downtown area.

I will be out of town for about two weeks, though. I will do my best to respond to e-mails in a timely manner, but I'm not ignoring you if I don't respond for a couple days.

And since every blog post should have a picture, here is my boy and me. I LOVE this child. I love this smile. I love this curly hair. I do not love my face in pictures, so please just look at Jackson. And yes, that is chocolate on his face. I'm just keepin' it real.

Sometimes when I look at how cute he is, I wonder to myself, "What is his awkward phase gonna look like?" And don't pretend you didn't have an awkward phase growing up, it happens to everyone.

Oh Stanny Bear, I love you. Even if you do bark loudly at stupid things or bite at traffic cones on the highway as we drive by.

0 comments:

About Claire

I'm a mommy and a photographer, and I've got the coolest husband ever. My photography journey is just getting started, but I can't wait to see where I go with it.